Saturday, August 10, 2013

Connections

After the morning feedings (Mark and the horses) I went to B & L to purchase a new plug for the trailer. Karin was here by the time I got back to meet with Greg Rumbold, his daughter Sadie and their foreign exchange student from Japan named Akari for vaulting lessons. Below are a few pictures of their lessons, the rest are posted on the Horsemeister Inc Facebook page.





Ribbon is so perfect as a lesson horse, walking, trotting and cantering on command. After their lesson they had to admire Emily's cows and all the foals. Once they left Karin and I started helping Mark. He was digging trenches to place the new retaining wall. He put Karin to work on the pick ax.
While I dug the sides out, then both of us filled in the newly dug ditches with gravel. Mark used the compactor to smash it all down. We were more than ready for ice water and a break after working in the hot sun. Thankfully the temperature was in the low 80s. After lunch we took the golf cart over to Rachel's to put a halter on Sandy's new colt. Each time I see him I'm impressed. He has such unusual coloring, Karin said he looks almost purple. Rachel is going to take some professional pictures and email them to me to place on the website. He will be for sale at weaning for only $3000.00 and can be reserved now with a deposit of $500.00. This boy is going to truly be one of the greats!
After dinner Mark helped move 2 new round bales in the middle paddock. The back gates were opened so the horses in that paddock could graze the pond pasture. Jewel was moved in with them. We will let the side pasture rest for a couple of weeks.  Then we worked on the trailer connector and sad to say could not make it work. I put it together and probably did it all backward. I'll have to ask Mike for help on this one.
Cynthia, Olivia's owner sent in a new picture.
She writes: Olivia is happy her companion has a saddle on too. Haha
Each time I see updated pictures of this filly I'm amazed. She is only a year old, check out her neck in this picture and her feather..wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment