Saturday, March 10, 2012

Too Long

Both Mark and I bounded (that might be an exaggeration on my part)out of bed around 4:00am. What a great time to take a shower and to wash my hair was wonderful, the only problem was I had to go straight to bed afterwards. At 7:30 the scent of coffee started to infiltrate the apartment dragging me out of bed for the second time. Just as I sat down the phone went off, the man that was to come at 9:00am to load a horse was sitting in our driveway. Karin was called, mom was called and Mark helped me dress. He was invited in to do all the paperwork while Karin made it over from mom's to help load. Once he was back on the road it was back to bed for me. For some reason I can't sit up more than a few minutes without getting light headed. David and Stephanie showed up, Stephanie removed my bandage and all looks good. Not long after that Ben and Taunya with Addyson and Jack came and shortly after that Phil and Anna came with Braelyn. Steven came to check on Lily and feels she is getting close so wanted to stall her. For Christmas the kids gave us a foaling monitor so Phil and Ben hooked it up. Talk about luxury, we can lay in bed, watch and hear her. Steven had to call to brag a bit, he is now riding Valiant around at a trot, and I can't be out there to watch. I would love to post pictures of it but not yet ready to head outside.
Rachel Sauder brought dinner over for everyone and all agreed she is a great cook. Thanks Rachel.
One disturbing call came, Remember the Percheron x Friesian mare posted here on the blog last year? The lady that bought her after seeing it posted here has been sending money each month and she has a signed contract on purchasing her on time. She has her paid off and asked to come pick up the mare tomorrow and was told, "the mare is no longer available, my attorney will be contacting you about a refund." Talk about a huge disappointment, this lady has been so looking forward to having her own Friesian mare to ride, has been sending in money faithfully the entire year and then to be told that! Because of this one incident I will no longer be posting other peoples horses for sale unless I know them personally.

No comments:

Post a Comment