Thursday, March 22, 2012

Spring Weather

Today is suppose to be a little more like our usual seasonal spring weather, cooler with rain although it was sure nice at 7:25am. So nice instead of riding the golf cart for the first round I walked. Now the great part was Diane and Rachel didn't realize I was walking until I had to ask them to slow down a bit and the really bad part is I can't keep up with my 80 year old mother. The second round was spent riding so the walkers could go at the required speed to get their exercise.
Lily is definitely progressing, it would be wonderful if she would wait at least 4 more days that would put her only 2 weeks early and get us past the predicted rain. It seems funny with the weather so warm that we don't have more foals on the ground until we remember it still is only March.
The first phone call came early in the morning to let me know how their Raven baby is the darling of the barn but... is it usual for her to drink so much? Another person called to tell me how wonderful her Raven daughter was and how she can't wait for the dressage shows in her area to start, they just had a dressage clinic and the clinician said, "her normal trot is an like an extended trot." This reminded of me how lax we have been on updating the page on our website: Special uses for a Raven baby. I'm so thrilled when people keep in touch with us even years later. Thanks everyone that has written lately, that page was updated as much as I could remember but if I've forgotten any special uses, it doesn't hurt to remind me what you would like listed. Each Raven son or daughter out there old enough to be ridden is special!
Today we are celebrating Braelyn's first birthday with dinner and a party at her parent's house at 6:00pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment