Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Set Back


Above is mom holding her newest grand daughter or at least she will be once the adoption goes through for Joan and Tim. This picture was taken in February when mom, Beth and Justin went over to Haiti to visit them. Now we hear Joan and Tim may be adopting a little boy also if all goes well.
Today instead of feeling like the first day of spring it feels like we have been in summer for at least a month. Another 80 degree day, records are falling everywhere.
This morning I had a set back on recovery. Driving the golf cart down to check on Lily, then practicing driving with my right leg as I zoomed back up toward the barn, somehow a stray baling twine flew up hooked over the left foot as the golf cart ran over the other end it jerked me sideways hard enough I thought perhaps the right hip dislocated. Not so as I can still walk but my is that hip sore. Driving in to work was a slow process then once there agony. None of this could be shown though, it was my decision to work today and our faithful volunteer Eva Jean was giving up her day to help. We had so much to do after laying around for these 2 weeks. We were able to get all of the studies processed but none of the letters or UPS out Bibles to chaplains and none of the individual Bibles were mailed. It really was all we could do to finish the mound of back logged mail.
Nancy Dreste was in town and stopped by for a visit, then Steven showed up to move in a round bale for the middle paddock. He comes to the door with a huge bloody knot on his forehead. The wind is so strong today it picked up one of the big barn doors where he is working across the street, taking it off the hing and slamming it down onto his head. It's a wonder he wasn't killed, those doors probably weigh 200-300 pounds.
Hope he makes it home ok, he said he wasn't dizzy and never lost consciousness so probably didn't get a concussion.
I'm heading to bed in hopes I'll feel well enough to go to choir tonight. My mind, voice and heart need to sing.

No comments:

Post a Comment