Saturday, May 15, 2010

My Own Bed

After a long hot shower and nap it was time to drive back to Hanna City dragging my feet out to the car thinking how good my own bed felt. All was quiet at the farm but when the lights were turned on both mares nickered a greeting, asking for more hay. They were fed, watered and the stalls cleaned with fresh straw lining Samantha's for the night, then it was time to test Samantha. The calcium test came back barely turning blue at 200 so she was tested again and again the same result. Either the antibiotic threw off the numbers yesterday or I wasn't as accurate as I should have been on the 1 1/2ml of colostrum or 9ml of distilled water. Jamie has offered to check on her around midnight. Diane called and offered Mike to check around 3:00am, we get up around 5:00am and I will drive back then unless either call me. We are pleased as each day she does not deliver is another day for the foal's lungs to develop.

No comments:

Post a Comment