Monday, May 31, 2010

Baking Soda

Yesterday was very hot and humid, on my way up the stairs after church to change I realize I am STILL smelling puppy pee from March, when we went on vacation and left Emma with a dog sitter that didn't know about puppies and their need to be locked up then let out regular. I've tried different products to rid the landing of the smell but on a hot humid day the smell starts wafting up into our nostrils. So an entire box of baking soda was sprinkled all over the landing. The first to notice was Rhoda and I hear a shout "WHAT HAPPENED on the stairs?", then it was Mark's turn. I think it is working and am going to leave it on the landing until later today.
So this morning at 4:45am we are awakened by Emma whining at the top of the stairs. I grab my robe, open the door and she RUNS to the front door desperate to get out. How pleased I am to see her running into the yard to go to relieve herself. Don't mind at all getting up early for that. Almost afraid to write this because I don't want to be jinxed but we have had NO accidents in the house for so long, I forgot when the last one was. So very nice to be out of the puppy stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment