Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Muddy Middle Grove

Steven Marchal met me at the farm after work today at 1:30, by the time I arrived he already had the trailer hooked up. Our first job was to try to clean up Clara and her colt to take pictures for their new owner. It was too cold for a bath and using cold water didn't help. They were so nice and clean at Middle Grove, then they get to the farm in a paddock with 2+ inches of rain, to say the least they were MUDDY!

After working for over a half hour they were put in Velvet's stall to dry off and Velvet and her colt were put out in Clara's paddock.
Then it was time to get Lily and Paris for their trip to Middle Grove. I see a mare in the woods and think it is Lily, Steven is telling me, no that is Bunni and I tell him it can't be Bunni Sunday we took Bunni to the cabin field. I'm looking at her and say to him, "if it isn't Lily, it must be Wynne," and again he tells me, "no that is Bunni." After looking her over I realize it really IS Bunni. We put Wynne in the cabin field on Sunday and kept commenting on how good Bunni looked, in fact we said over and over, why Bunni looks so good she looks like a purebred Friesian!" Mike checks what he thinks is Bunni's udder this morning and thinks, it went down so fast it doesn't even look like she's had a foal. So the SAD fact is Wynne is in the Cabin from Sunday to Tuesday and it takes Steven to tell us who our horses are.
We load Knight, Paris, Caden in the front of the trailer and Lily and Ayanna in the back for the trip to Middle Grove. Steven has a 4 wheel drive duely and thinks he can make it through the mud. He is way braver than me, I would have unloaded and walked but we did make it. His poor truck and the trailer are pretty covered in mud. The fillies were so glad for the company and wanted so badly to join in the herd and the 2 mommas were keeping them away from their foals. When we left all were grazing quietly. We took these 2 pictures of Caden before leaving since I hardly have any of this colt. Isn't he gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment