Saturday, May 8, 2010

Auction & Grandma's Work Day

Up at 4:30am and on my way to Arthur, IL for the Amish auction shortly after 5:00am. We do not need any horses, this was a tack run and a very successful one at that. We were desperate for halters. We bought 45 halters, 25 at $5.00 each and 20 at $5.50 each. In the past we have been able to get them for under $4.00 but before I even got in the bidding they were at $4.50. I've hung some at the cabin, some in the stall barn, some in the arena, and some I took home and will put them away until we are again out. We will see how long these last. They are actually our favorite kind, large enough to fit the Friesians plus light weight enough to be a safety halter and with a throat latch clip.
Mom's Mother Day gift was a work day scheduled today from 9:00am to noon. I made it just in time for lunch but there were so many good workers that I wasn't missed on the work end. David, our oldest told me they had finished the list over an hour before I drove up. Mom bought pizza for the group. It was terribly windy and cold, the bonfire felt wonderful. Here are some of the workers waiting for the prayer which Spark had so he got to go first. It didn't take long for those pizza boxes to empty, nothing like being out in the cold to work up an appetite.
Mark finished up by cleaning the skid steer while I went to Sams for groceries. I'm bringing a vegetable to the choir picnic tonight along with blueberry muffins. Of course I started typing this as I was cooking the carrots and had to run when something smelled like it was burning. Yep, they are burnt and can't be used. I've thrown together a salad in it's place.
Our Choir picnic was at Bob and Myrna Hoerr's house. It was well attended and we finished up with about an hour of singing. It was an enjoyable evening but no one stepped forward to take charge next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment