Saturday, January 23, 2010

Home

When the alarm rang this morning at 5:00am, my eyes did not want to open, I was sure it was part of my dream. There was no way it was morning. Once I was able to drag myself out of bed and down the stairs, I was able to start functioning. Luckily my clothes were laid out, the truck cleaned out and packed and coffee ready. After 2 cups of coffee we were almost ready to pull out. Mike and Diane pulled up a little after 6:00am, we loaded Mike's tools, chains, Diane's dog Ebby, Ebby's crate, the cooler, and laptop up and realized no one had a GPS. Oh well, we had good directions and off we went. We stopped in Morton, IL to pick up Amy Koch and her cooler with all her GREAT food. By the time we were ready to head out we had 4 people, one dog, and 2 coolers all crammed into the truck it was amazing we were able to breathe. We actually had a great time visiting on the trip and it seemed to fly by. We made it up to Mr & Mrs DeBor's farm called The Friesian Connection just a little after noon. The Debor's were so welcoming and very informative. We enjoyed seeing his wonderful collection of Friesians (over 50)and hearing many stories about their life. We saw one of their approved stallions but Mintse was at the trainers getting ready for a big show. The colts were really nice, so nice we ended up bringing one home with us. We will let him grow up with Valiant, the 2 boys can be buddies and known as the 'farm boys'.
Our trip home was a little long, I think we were all getting tired, we hit a very thick patch of fog on 474 and had to really slow down to be safe.
Once back at Bridlewood, we unhooked my truck, hooked up Mike's truck loaded up Wynne and Anni and off they started. I realized as I was backing my truck that the trailer lights weren't working and I jumped out of my truck and tried to get their attention but they just didn't hear me so I grab the phone and called them. They weren't too far and were able to hook them up without anyone coming behind them. Back in the house, the first job was to go through the mail.
The check came today for Anni so she will be marked sold. She will be picked up Feb. 27th. I'll need to tell Emily that she is now sold.

After driving more than 1400 miles the last 2 days I REALLY need to head to BED!

No comments:

Post a Comment