Friday, January 29, 2010

Friday Jan 29th

The trip out to the farm this morning was quick and efficient. Mark had me check the propane level and it is almost empty. With this cold the tanks are not lasting long and the office heat is set on 50 degrees. Ribbon was again checked and no change but I do still think she is still pregnant. I guess by Monday we will know for sure. Raven was fed first, then Clara and the 2 boys. The ice on the driveway must be 10 inches thick and I'm always amazed how well my little Toyota does getting up it when the truck can't even make it up. Front wheel drive and great snow tires do the trick.
Steven Marchal is going to pick up the trailer from the farm tomorrow with his new truck then go down to deliver Classy with me. All of the vaccines came in for the horses so after Classy is delivered we will head back out to the farm and start giving shots. Each horse will be given a West Nile shot along with Tetanus, EEE,WWW, and Flu Rhino. I have over $1000.00 of shots sitting in my fridge, wow we are rich!
After dinner Mark and I went to Riverplex for a physical workout then to Walmart to buy cream, rawhide bones for the dogs and rat poison. We have seen and heard mice in the house again. Living in the country in an OLD house we fight mice each winter. I hate using poison but just can't tolerate the damage the mice can do. I just can't make myself get a cat in the house.
At our Sioux Trail house the boys were always catching snakes and bringing them in. Snakes eat mice so they are usually welcome on a farm. One time the aquarium lid fell off and the snakes all got out but the boys didn't tell us. Mark and I were sitting on the couch and a big black snake came crawling out from under it. Mark jumped up on the couch yelling "SNAKE, SNAKE!" WE decided at that point the boys could no longer keep any in the house. What if company had been over.

1 comment: