Sunday, November 22, 2009

Other Friesian stallions vs RAVEN

We had an easy trip home, stopping only once for a meal. Last night's meal was not very impressive. We ate at a grill, had reservations, but still the place was packed and we didn't get seated for about a half hour, then once seated not waited on. When our food did come it was overpriced and not very good. The meal came with 2 kinds of meat, bbq chicken and a choice of beef brisket, ribs, or meatloaf. The chicken was the smallest chicken leg I've ever seen and the beef brisket was dry and tough. One of the other customers ordered the ribs and he was very disappointed, they too were tough. The meal came with a very small portion of baked beans and a minuscule portion of cole slaw. I usually like baked beans and cole slaw but this had spices in it to burn the mouth. Good thing it was such a tiny amount, I don't like to waste food and would have if it was more than a couple of bits. After the meal we walked along Michigan Avenue to see the store windows but the crowds from the Disney parade was still so huge we gave up and headed back.
Once home from Chicago, the foals were fed and their water tank cleaned and filled. Mike was called to check on Izadora and get her covered if she is still in. The weather is beautiful, sunshine and almost 60 degrees. I tried to get Rhoda, then Rebekah to come ride so I could take videos but they are both busy. The day is so nice and no one is available. I've booked Rachel for Wednesday but I just heard on the radio it is suppose to rain and snow that day.
It is GOOD to be home!
I just got a call from a lady wanting to book Raven for 2010. She actually checked into breeding to a Friesian stallion in Illinois on a bunch of websites. She told me she LOVED the look of RAVEN, that Hendrik is now a gelding and She didn't like the looks of Sanderson she thought he was too baroque. AND that was all she could find in Illinois. I sure thought there were a couple of other ones around the area so I started looking, checked out 5 different websites for horse breeding and guess what, she was RIGHT! Raven is by Far the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment