Sunday, November 8, 2009

Co-incidents ?

Last night at the testimonies we heard a couple of times about co-incidents that were just too unreal and it got me thinking about some strange ones that I went through.
One time Berean warehouse where I work got in skids of canned pumpkin. I had just been asked to make a dessert for something so I called up TEMCO to ask if I could have some pumpkin. Martha told me of course there is so much of it take what ever you want.
I brought out 2 boxes big boxes, one of the big cans of pumpkin and one of the small cans thinking I'll share it with family members. On the way home from work, I thought I may as well stop at Aldis and get the rest of the ingredients. I was standing in the checkout line, typical Aldis, only one line open, when a lady walked up behind me with just 2 cans of pumpkin in her hand. My first reaction was to let her go in front of me, then I looked closer to what she was carrying and asked her, "Is that all you are buying?" She looked kind of sheepish and told me, I don't know what got into me, I just had a craving for pumpkin. I'm really on my way to my kids school to make food baskets for the poor when I got this craving. I told her to put the cans back, gave her my car keys and told her there is 2 boxes of canned pumpkin in the back seat, take it ALL. I know when I've been set up by God! I had to call Martha back and ask her for more pumpkin and of course share the story. Some poor child was probably praying that her mom would make a pumpkin pie for Christmas.
The other story is about toilet paper. I never thought I would share this one, but it to was just too much of a co-incident. Berean got in a couple of skids of BIG boxes of toilet paper. I picked up a box and thought no I don't need this and put the box down. Got my Bibles and studies done, as I was leaving the warehouse I picked up the same box again, I knew it was the same box, it was kind of crumpled, and again put it down and told myself no, I have plenty of toilet paper. I turned to go out the door and something made me backtrack and pick up the box and walk out the door. As I was walking out the door I thought to my self, great I wonder what this is going to cost me? I stuffed it in the car and drove home, just as I pulled into the drive I looked out and saw a family at the barn working and in my head I heard so plainly, "now take the toilet paper out to the barn and give it to that family!" I argued, said no, it's too embarrassing, they won't understand why I'm trying to give them toilet paper. After about 15 minutes of arguing with God I finally very sheepishly walked out to the barn carrying just one of the packages of toilet paper out of the box. I couldn't even carry the box it was too big. I walked up to the mom and kind of embarrassed told her, "this is for you, I don't really know why but I have to give it to you." She looked at me and said, "I know exactly why and I'll tell you the whole story." Turns out she had been struggling financially and in her prayer told God, I can't even afford toilet paper for my family! I drove the car over to her big van and loaded up the rest of the box.

1 comment:

  1. Our God is so big and mighty and yet knows and CARES for us in everyway...even enough to make sure we have toilet paper:)

    ReplyDelete