Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Work on Tuesday

Today work was a little different. This morning we walked, talking about the wedding, cruise, picnics over the last 3 days and how much we enjoy each others company. Once the left over paper goods were stored in Diane's garage and Paris put back with the others, Mike let her graze while the rest were being moved, I headed for work. Eva Jean needed more stamps and we had borrowed 2 rolls of 100 from Meister Brothers last week, so when I got down to TEMCO I needed to replace them and still get Eva Jean enough stamps for at least a week. Martha decided it would just be easier to give me a check and have me buy 2 months worth. That came to $1056.00, yikes! Spark called before we were done to see if the afternoon was booked. He said he would tell me about it at lunch. Mark, Dan, Spark, Rhonda, Jay (Tara's husband),Eva Jean and I got to Denny's around noon. Spark took a call from a grandmother that just got custody of her 4 grandchildren and had nothing to feed them. She sent the oldest 2 off to school with no food in them and had the youngest 2 with her. She works 3rd shift at WalMart. Spark gave me a Kroger gift certificate along with $20.00 to buy her some groceries. Feeling under the weather, once home from work, I laid down for just a few minutes but my conscience wouldn't let me rest, those kids could be starving. I called the number but only got hold of an answering machine. I left my home phone number, then called back and left my cell number and finally as I was giving up I got the call. I drove to her house to pick up her daughter to go shopping and her oldest nephew also wanted to come along. I decided to take them to Aldi and give Spark back the Kroger certificate for another family. I let them choose what they needed. I was impressed, they chose oranges and bananas instead of junk food. We also went over meals and bought the ingredients for 5 dinner meals, 5 breakfasts meals and school lunches. I couldn't resist buying a treat of chocolate milk for the little ones. Aldi has whole milk the same price as 1% so we got 2 gallons of whole milk along with the other foods. They should be set for a bit. I headed home but just don't feel any better. I have the chills and feel like I have the flu. Maybe its the swine flu from the pig roast!:o) yeah right I'm heading up to take a hot bath.

No comments:

Post a Comment