Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Tuesday

This morning before our walk, I was graining the horses and Raven seemed to be more hungry than usual. I checked his hay and sure enough, the alfalfa was gone and he was down to the grass bale. Mike moved a new bale in and cleaned out Raven's paddock at the same time. I headed down to work where we were again swamped with Bible Studies. We are praying about getting a helper. Steven Marchal called during work that he used the skid steer to clean out the middle paddock and opened up the back of the Friesian paddock to let them out into the back field. We now have all of the paddocks open so the horses can be one herd if they chose. As soon as it was opened, the Friesians went into the middle paddock and the rest of the herd went into the Friesian paddock. Again they must perceive the grass is greener on the other side.
We left around 11:20am for lunch. Jay, Tara's husband, Philip, Mark, Eva Jean and I had a good meal together at Denny's. Then back to work for Eva Jean and I. We worked until 1:00pm. I drove home, thinking I would head down to TSC for grain when David called. He was back from his honeymoon and wanted help moving furniture. Sarah and I helped move 2 dressers and a desk to his house in Morton, IL. Stephanie was shopping so we didn't get to ask her about the trip, but David said it was nice. Once we dropped off the furniture we stopped at TSC and bought 3 bags of Senior for Raven and 2 bags of 10% sweet feed for the mares. I left them in the truck and will just take the truck tomorrow morning. After dinner we had unexpected company, Coleen Keenan, a girl I went to high school with moved back in the area and brought her husband and son over for a visit. They went out to the barn around 7:00pm to watch Amy Koch's lesson. So I took off for choir. We have a great group of people this year for choir and I'm looking forward to learning new songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment