Tuesday, September 22, 2009

More Rain

It was raining when we woke up and still raining when Raven was being grained. Valiant was in a paddock with Tiara while Jenis was in the middle paddock and Valiant was crying. He was moved in with Jenis and immediately started nursing. Jenis was not engorged so I'm sure they weren't separated long. Once down to work the sun came out so hopefully the mud today won't be too bad. Steven Marchal called to tell me by the time he got to the farm, Valiant was again separated from Jenis. We think she is doing this on purpose! Steven locked Jenis, Valiant, Lily, Ciera, and Izadora all in the Friesian paddock so Jenis can't get away from Valiant. He is just too young to wean, not quite 3 months old, "what is Jenis thinking?" I asked him to check the hay situation and he moved in a new round bale in the middle paddock, removed the bale from the shelter the horses were not eating (bad hay) and placed a new bale in it's stead. It's expensive when we get a bale they won't eat. The bales are $50.00 each plus delivery so we wasted at least $55.00. This bale did not come off one of our farms, our hay man brought it in when we were getting low. Now what will we do with this bale? We have almost 4 complete bales over by the manure pile our horses refuse to eat(picky, picky, picky).
While I was at the post office dropping off a load of Bibles, my niece called to tell me they were at a garage sale in Morton, IL and there were western saddles and bridles for sale. I got the address and headed over. The garage sale was quite far and so disappointing. The saddles were nice but $500.00 each. I should have asked Molly and Kristin what the price was before driving so far. The bridles were not worth buying. I picked up one saddle pad for $5.00, one broken but knotted lead rope for a dollar and a halter for $2.00. Sure wasn't worth the drive. Jamie called as I was driving home to tell me Tyler Joos, our farrier was coming October 1st. Great, I won't be home until the 4th so someone else will have to get the horses ready for him. Mika needs to be reset, Sanna, Lily & Ciera trimmed. Mike said he would put it on his calendar and try to be there for at least Mika.
Back down to work to get the first of the month bills taken care of before we leave for Gulf Shores on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment