Thursday, September 10, 2009

New Record

Whether good or bad, I now have a new record as far as Bibles out in one day. Almost 1000 are sitting out on the loading dock waiting for the UPS man. UPS was called to tell our carrier we have a larger than usual shipment going out so they will have room on the truck. I had so many chaplains back logged that I knew it would be a big day. Sure wish my health was better today, I'm exhausted. Each box has 12 Bibles inside, then each box needed to be stuffed with 12 lesson number ones, 12 postage paid business reply envelopes and 12 letters explaining how to do the Bible study. The boxes weigh between 32 and 35 pounds each and we are talking 80 boxes. Each one needs to be picked up, put on the table, opened, stuffed, taped, stamped, labeled and then put on the loading dock. Today I thought I would take a short cut and brought the entire pallet up to my work table then filled a box, taped it up, labeled it and put it on a new pallet. What I didn't realize until I was done with all 80 boxes all stacked neatly on the pallet is that the pallet I put them on was broken. I could not get it to move. Each box had to be taken off that pallet and put on my cart which holds about 30, hauled to the loading dock and unloaded then on to the next load. My back is killing me!
On a farm note another booking for Raven came in today for next spring. Next spring is booking up fast. The 4 wheel drive is broken on my truck and Mike crashed his truck last night, now we have no way to move horses to or from Middle Grove without borrowing or just driving to the lane and walking the horse to the field, that seems to be about a mile walk but I could be exaggerating. We currently have 10 out in Middle Grove. Sangria and her colt Royal Masquerade, Big Sally and her colt Piper, Walker Sally and her filly Chloe, Ribbon, Velvet, Classy, and Clara. At the Hanna City farm we have Raven, Jenis, Valiant, Ylse, Tiara, Sanna, Wanda, Samantha, Lily, Ciera, Autumn, Mika, Bunni, Paris, Sophie, Anni, Jewell, Izadora, Duke, and Knight. We are making progress we are down to 30 horses with only Izadora yet to foal. I really wanted to be down to 20 horses by this winter but I just don't think it is going to happen. On a really good note is Anni and Sophie are doing fantastic with their training. Anni we used for beginners all weekend. Rhoda took Sophie on the trails, let her canter up the hills, walked her quietly through the creeks and Sophie only tried to please. Sophie was 2 years old in April so she won't be bred to Raven until next Spring. We did not put her into training until late August, she just wasn't mature enough to start in April.

No comments:

Post a Comment