Thursday, September 3, 2009

Aries, Pacharan, Gio


Pacheron who the barn kids call Aries who the new owners call Gio is now at his new home. He left today. The posted picture is him in January this year. It was bittersweet for me to see him leave. So glad that he found a home but remembering all he went through. He was our wheelbarrow baby. He presented wrong, had to be pulled, then I was so exhausted I didn't make sure he was standing before I crashed to sleep. By the time I woke up in the morning and checked him, his tendons had contracted and he couldn't stand. For 2 days we stuck him in a wheelbarrow and ran him under his dam every hour on the hour for him to nurse. Finally after 2 days I sent him to UofI where they straightened out his legs by putting him in splints.
Today was suppose to be an easy day of just staying home and house cleaning. I drove to the farm around 7:00am to walk, then headed home. Just as I got to the house Dr. Pallen called to tell me I needed to bring Sanna in today for her sonagram to see if she is carrying twins as Dr. Hoerr is going out of town until Sept. 15th. No problem, I still have plenty of time, then Jamie calls, they need my adapter for the trailer to take back the horse they were trying. I drove back to Hanna City, gave them the adapter and headed home. Just as I got home, Hoerr vet. Clinic calls and wants me there by 11:00am. Rhoda and I take off for the farm, start to load horses and the phone rings. It is again Hoerr Vet clinic the receptionist didn't realize I needed to see Dr. Hoerr and he wasn't going to be there until noon. We brushed down Sanna and worked with her filly, then loaded and drove to a gas station. Rhoda went in to get a drink while I filled the tank. The manager came out to see the horses, we started talking, then the next helper came out to see the horses. I finally looked at the gas station and said "what could my daughter be doing in there so long." That's when I found out Rhoda was in the truck. She came out right after the manager. We still got the Hoerr Vet. clinic early. Sanna will have to have another sonagram on the 16th. Dr. Hoerr thinks 2 of them are cysts and one is an embryonic vesicle but they want to be sure before doing anything.
I take Sanna and her filly back to the farm and head home and get here with just one hour to spare before taking Aries to his new home.
It is now after 4:00pm and Dr. Hoerr just called that the young Saddlebred mare I picked up from Morton, IL and bred to Raven is in foal. She was the horse that after I loaded her found out she had never been off the owners farm. I'm so glad she is pregnant. I did NO house cleaning today. I'm having company this weekend for David's wedding so better get busy soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment