Thursday, December 1, 2011

Bow's Jump

Below is an email from Alesia, the owner of Bow's FULL sister Princess:
Hi Judy,
I saw Bow's latest video. Ahhhha! She is a smart one. Her brain was working on the situation right from the beginning.
Now, I don't claim to be a horse whisperer, but I do think myself a bit of a practicing horse "listener". Haha!
So this is what I heard her say:
First she looked and made sure there was no other horse buddy in the arena to give her a good enough reason so stay (that was the beautiful high stepping trot...when she scanned the immediate area.)
Then there was the acknowledgment that she was indeed alone. The left ear turns first to where she knows the others are, and then the head and body follow.
She gets the surge of energy that puts her into escape mode (see the darting at the barrel part).
Then she went straight to a quick hop-stop at the gate, just incase it would magically open when she got there...saying, "I know this is one way out, so try this first".
She wasted no time there, went over to the fence (where SHE would have put the gate if you asked her).
She surveyed that fence so fast! She said,
"OK, this doesn't move when I touch it. But let's see....it's this high, comes up to here on me. If I pick up this foot and then that foot..."
Then she said, "Yes! I can do this!"
That's when she went straight into a run, back the other way to get the speed, I assume, for the take-off.
The last thing she said that I heard in the video was,
"Here I go!!"

Did Alesia get it correct? I've re-posted the video so each can check for themselves but I think she got it exactly right!

1 comment:

  1. Great equestrian blog! Why not come along to hay-net.co.uk an Equine Social Blogging Network and post your blog there too for more to follow!

    ReplyDelete