Thursday, July 22, 2010

Email from Alesia

Hi Judy,
I ponied Princess on the trails a couple of times so far (just with a rope halter). The first time I ponied her by myself for a 45minute ride. The second time, a friend came with us for and hour and 45 minutes. My friend's comment was that Princess was a "Perfect Angel" !
Poor Zip was up front bearing the brunt of the deerfly ambushing and I let the leadrope go too slack while swatting the flies. Princess had stepped on the leadrope and over it and got it under neath her... behind her front legs. She stopped, the rope got tight and I had to turn to see what happened. She stood so still for us while we ran the rope back through. No panic, and no one had to dismount to untangle her. Then we went over logs and ditches, up and down small inclines and down the road with light traffic. I was very proud of her!
Our neighbor commented that it was funny to see the biggest horse of the three was the one being ponied!
Alesia :)

Princess is out of our vaulting horse, Ribbon and by Raven. She is now 2 years old and beautiful, sounds like she will be so easy for the Kata's to train. Thanks for the email Alesia!

No comments:

Post a Comment