Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Imagination

It must have been my imagination on Ayanna's udder, this morning it was smaller. I'm starting to believe she is just plan fat. I can't take a chance on hauling her out to Middle Grove though just in case. Only mom and I walked. Diane and Mike are now in Gulf Shores, AL, Ruth overslept and Joan had to leave early so didn't walk.  Kensley, Faith and Berlica helped today with Joshua and Josiah. I wanted to get a video of both of them.  Joshua was pulled out first as he was laying down on the job.
 He stayed down long enough for Faith and Berlica to pet him before he stood up.  Faith led him into the arena while I was getting the video camera out.
 Berlica and Kensley got a good seat to watch Faith leading Joshua.
 He really is a sweet colt.
His video went fine. We kept it short as we do not want the weanlings afraid of us and don't like to run them around at this age but I wanted enough to see his big trot and a little of his balanced canter.
He was put away and Josiah brought out.  Joan had just driven up to take the kids home just as we brought him out of the paddock and into the arena so instead of putting him in the round pen I asked Kensley to just wave the bag so I could just get a little trot. Well that didn't go very well as you can see by the video below.
That is what I get for taking short cuts. Not to be critical but Foxy's filly would have easily cleared that fence. Josiah is going to have to figure out how to lift those legs high if he is going to be a jumper.  He ran back to his herd mates and waited for me to open the gate.  Joan took her kids home and Kensley and I went in for some lunch then went back out to make sure Josiah was ok. Sometimes the adrenaline masks soreness so it is important to wait about an hour before asking him to move around.  This time he was taken right into the round pen and Kensley led him around. First he stepped on the lead rope.
 He wasn't worried at all about the bag which just goes to show he wasn't scared when he jumped, he just decided to go join his siblings.
 He is very sensible, following Kensly over the tarp and stopping when she stopped. I am impressed with his mind.
Next the video camera was taken out for a short video of his movement.
I was pleased to see no sign of soreness from that jump. He didn't really show off as big as he has in the past but even so he has very nice movement. 
He was put away and Kensley and I went back inside the house to make some cookies except Anna arrived and took her home.  Tonight Mark drove mom and I to church. Mike Rieker had the message. 

No comments:

Post a Comment