Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Another Drop Off Pick Up

It was above freezing this morning as I headed out to feed the horses.  Still had a lot of hauling and walking as the golf cart tire wasn't back yet. Mitzamaya (Lily's filly) had lost her halter but she willingly followed me into the stall barn and into a stall for her grain while I found another to put on her.  She led very well back out to the paddock when she was done.   Today we had a good walk with all of us.  Beth sent a picture of Greg fishing last night at sunset down at Gulf Shores.  She reported the fishing has been great, the weather wonderfully warm and the sunset beautiful. Below is Greg fishing.
The water is still warm and the fish are abundant. October and early November are a beautiful time to visit Gulf Shores.
Bunni will be leaving for her new home tomorrow and originally Karin and I made plans to meet after she gets off work at Middle Grove for the pick up tomorrow but the weather is suppose to turn brutally cold and windy. Today however was sunny and 57 degrees so I decided to go by myself this afternoon and take a couple horses out with me. Daria and Isla will be staying here for a bit so they were chosen to be taken out. When we arrived at Middle Grove the herd was not in sight. Isla and Daria stood there waiting for me to show them the way.
These waited until the truck was pulling away to head up the hill to find the herd.  I arrived at the big field with the truck and trailer about the time they came running down the hill toward the herd. The herd heard them calling and came running from all directions to meet them.
 Lola was thrilled to see her daughter and these two joined up quickly. 
 Isla went running right to Irish her best buddy. They were so glad to be back together. 
Lola went right into protect mode with Daria by her side warning all the other horses to stay away from her daughter. When Skye came up to greet Daria it didn't take long for Lola to scare her off with her mean mare stare.

The horses are all doing well and I spent some time checking each one over before haltering Bunni. Mika was busy giving rides to 8 passengers. I really couldn't tell how many were riding him until he wandered over closer to me and the birds took off. 

 When I was taking Bunni to the trailer Skye followed us all the way. She thinks that is her job. Thankfully I was able to keep her from getting into the trailer by loading Bunni quickly and then slamming the door shut. 
 Below we were pulling away, that is Skye in front with the rest of the herd quite a ways off. 
She took off galloping back once I reached the top of the hill. If you would like to see the rest of the pictures of the horses at Middle Grove click HERE. When I got back to the Hanna City farm Bunni was put in the short shelter paddock where Isla and Mitzamaya had been. The weanlings were all grained again as I wanted to see if there would be any dynamics now that we took Daria out and put Mitzamaya in, but they all went to a bucket and started eating without much squabbling. They all know each other well as they all grew up at Middle Grove together.  The only change was Galena's filly is the boss of the herd now that Daria is gone.  Daria (Lola's filly) had been the boss. 
This afternoon the man that bought Mitzamaya sent the final payment by paypal and made arrangements to pick her up Thanksgiving Day. Tomorrow I'll call to see about getting a health certificate for her trip to her new home in Texas.  
Tonight was family night at church.  Gary and Marie provided dinner and dinner was delicious. 
Gary came around with seconds and Mark and I shared another ladle full. It really was good. Gabe Stickling had the message on John 4. 



No comments:

Post a Comment