Saturday, June 15, 2019

Lots of Rain

We had lots of rain today and some of my work had to be done in the rain. I'm thankful for the stall barn and the indoor arena. Star and her new filly spent the day in the stall and all is well with her.  The mares were teased and the only one showing is Tori. If she is still in tomorrow she will be covered again but she did not need to be covered today. This afternoon Mark and I went shopping at Sam's Club for our Sunday dinner. Tomorrow is Father's Day so I let Mark choose the menu and he wanted grilled salmon but some of the other fathers in this family would rather have steak so we bought both. I also bought and baked the sweet potatoes for tomorrow's meal. Joan, Rhonda, Heather, mom and I played games tonight at mom's place. After the games the sweet potatoes were peeled and placed in the fridge. Tomorrow they will be mashed. We are having a tremendous lightning show this evening. The wind and rain are fierce but the lightning is so far away that the thunder is just a rumble, continues but still just rumbles. I took the camera out to capture the sky as it lights up from the lightning.

The rain is again pelting down and the wind is slamming into the house but the main storm will pass to the north of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment