Friday, August 3, 2018

Open Gates and Barn Lights

At 4:30 am Mark woke me up with this statement, "you'd better get up, there are some horses loose" All was quiet so I was pretty sure it wasn't one of the stallions. At 4:30 am he saw the barn arena lights were on so went up to turn them off and discovered Star, Zephyr, Roxanne and Giselle grazing in the middle of the circle drive. They were so easy to put back in the paddock, Roxanne was led and the rest followed her right in.  When Mark came back from turning off the barn lights, he asked, "do you know why the gate was open?" and my answer was "it must have been me, but I can't believe I would forget to latch a gate." Then he admitted, "I must have been the one to leave the barn lights on but I can't believe I would forget to turn them off."  We both just had to laugh.  Thankfully no damage was done. As long as we were both up breakfast was made for Mark and then I ran up to the apartment to put the sheets in the washer. After the walk they were stuck in the dryer and the apartment cleaned while they were drying. I had to quit at 9:45 am, eat some breakfast which was a couple of eggs with a vine ripened tomato. Hmm delicious, just loving these fresh vine ripened home grown tomatoes.  Then jump in the shower. Today was my cardiologist appointment and interesting enough I no longer dread going to the doctor. I had a good report but the hard part of that visit was the trip to CVS to pick up pills again. While I was goofing off at the doctors, Karin was working hard here. She and Shelby took Sangria and Sally on the trails then swam them across the lake. Shelby was pretty thrilled, she has always wanted to swim with horses and since she had time they took Jenis and Oksana swimming too. When I got home Karin came over to mix up fly spray then helped get down spider webs and sprayed down the stall barn. We think this new spray is going to work and both of us were happy with the results.
The guests from Arizona arrived at 8:44 pm. Too late to go up to meet them but we will meet them in the morning before leaving for our vacation. Sure glad Karin was willing to stay here and care for everything and everyone. 
Wicktoria's udder went down a bit and no more waxing so she may end up holding off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment