Wednesday, January 31, 2018

A NEW Rider for the Fair?

Well another of the Horsemeister riders announced they are expecting, meaning we may be short a rider. Instead of asking someone else, I grabbed that spot, hey it's my only chance to show. I decided to fight Karin for Rosalie. After all, she is so big she makes my rear end look small and I am not a small woman. We had a ball today practicing.



Rosalie will be 5 years old in 20 days and Rhoda did such a wonderful job of training her I felt safe and secure. Now I just have to find a big flowing ball gown with lots of sparkles on it in my size. There is more to this story for just a story it is. The truth is in this post so if still interested keep reading.
Mom, Joan, Diane, Ruth and I had a good walk this morning, discussing the feedback from the state of the union speech which President Trump gave last night. He surprised us all how presidential he looked and acted. The feedback though made it sound like he did terrible.
After the walk I drove to the Berean office where Robin, Cindy and I worked on Bibles. We actually had a frustrating morning. We couldn't get into the program to start and had to find a way into it through the back door.  Cindy's keyboard wouldn't work at all, we ended up taking the keyboard off the 3rd computer and installing it on hers. Then when we got one sheet of labels ready to print the computer wouldn't communicate with the printer. They were acting like Republicans and Democrats, just wouldn't even talk to each other! All three of us were trying everything we could think of to get this job done, everything that is except prayer. When I finally did what I should have done first, start praying... Robin got the idea to turn the printer off and back on. This time it worked! We had a big order to get out today and had to work overtime but got the job done.
On the way home I stopped at Dollar Tree to pick up my big order of presents and prizes for the Illinois Horse Fair. We need fun presents and awful presents and believe it or not finding the awful presents is presenting us problems. Karin found some gooey frogs and salamanders at the Dollar Tree in Galesburg but not enough. 
This afternoon I started cooking a whole chicken to make a big pot of creamy chicken and wild rice soup tomorrow. It is a 2 day process. The chicken has to boil all afternoon, then put outside to cool down. Once it is cool enough to touch the broth is poured into a colander over another pan to catch the meat and bones.  The skin and fat are fed to Emma while the broth and meat is put in the fridge for tomorrow. The bones are thrown away. Tomorrow the vegetables and wild rice are added and simmered a few hours. I use onion, celery, mushrooms, and carrots.  The last ingredient is cream cheese.
When Karin arrived after work I put her to work helping move round bales. We put a new bale in the short shelter for Zalena, Oksana and Darla and the middle paddock got a new round bale. Karin pulled out Evan first and gave him a few tests of which one was to walk by Valiant without reacting. Well Evan did react but not terribly, Valiant was furious but that was to be expected. Evan is listening to Karin so we were pleased. Next out was Ayanna and Rosalie. Karin worked with Rosalie first.



I was watching and almost envious and finally asked pleadingly, "Please let me ride Rosalie" Karin grudgingly got off and gave me a turn.
NOW for the REST of the STORY:  It was a joke.  Yes Rebekah Davidovics is expecting but she really is still going to ride. For the record:  I am not showing and never planned on showing and NO I don't need a ball gown so stop panicking I'm not going to ruin the play.  I have no desire to show but it sure was fun riding Rosalie.
Ayanna was in rare form today. She really didn't want to work and kept swishing her tail in annoyance when Karin would ask her to move sideways. She finally relaxed and finished well.



We picked mom up for church at Spark and Rhonda's tonight. They were hosting cousin Mike Meister and his brand new fiancee Joyce Kaiser. We are thrilled for Mike and Joyce and wish them God's blessings on their marriage.
David Obergfel had the message tonight and it just happened to be his birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment