Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Warming Trend HA HA Jokes on US

The horses were fed early and instead of walking I left for the Berean office at 7:30 am so that I could for sure get home early as Rhoda and Sarah were scheduled to be here. Only when I left the Berean office it was snowing so hard I could hardly see the interstate and the roads were getting slick. I called Rhoda to cancel and hated to do it as today is her birthday but sure don't want either girl getting in an accident. Instead of playing with my daughters and grand daughter I went out to take care of the fillies. This afternoon the sun came out and it felt WARM. The 3 fillies were taken to the paddock next to Evan's and a couple pictures snapped. They were glad to get out of the stall. In the picture below left to right is EllaSkye, EasterBonnet and Envy.
 EllaSkye and EasterBonnet
 Evan was very curious about these 3. 

The sun was shining so nice on the white fluffy snow that I decided Valiant could be let out into the back field. Did he ever have fun.





IF you would like to see the rest of the pictures taken of him click HERE. I thought it was so warm outside after our below zero start but quickly found even though I had gloves on my fingers were freezing. When I got back in the house and checked the thermometer I was shocked to see it was only 14 degrees outside. No wonder my fingers were freezing. Mike went out to Middle Grove to put in more hay and check the horses. They were all enjoying the sunshine.
We thought we were going to get a break from this bitter cold but found out today that we will again be below zero and won't have any relief from this cold until the weekend when a snowstorm is predicted to arrive. YEP winter is really here. Phil was able to get the apartment furnace fixed today and we were thankful that the pipes did not freeze and burst. That wasn't the case with mom's house. Mark went over to drop off the mail and her windows were steamed up, when he walked in he said the hot water pipe under her kitchen sink had burst, the water came pouring through the basement ceiling causing 4 or 5 ceiling tiles to fall and flooding the downstairs carpeting. I knew we needed a plumber quickly and called Rachel to have David head over. Rachel said it is MAJOR and mom will need to fill out an insurance claim.  It IS a REAL mess. Mom called right after it was discovered and asked how everything was going. Mark thought we shouldn't tell her so I didn't answer but mom must have esp or something and asked again this time pushing harder. She wasn't too upset when she was told, though, since she is still down south and has a good home owners insurance.
Phil dropped off the girls this evening. We had fun playing tonight. Today I finally uploaded the pictures from Christmas Eve of the grandchildren on our Gulf Shores vacation and they loved looking at those. If you would like to see them click HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment