Wednesday, December 20, 2017

A Truck For Christmas

Amy surprised us joining us for the walk this morning. We were all so glad to see her. She actually came for a few reasons, one of course to get some exercise, one to visit and laugh with the rest of the family and the last reason was to drop off her suitcase for our trip to Gulf Shores, Alabama. We will be leaving for that Friday morning. After the walk we enjoyed a quick breakfast at the little local restaurant here in Hanna City called the Hog Trough. Amy had to leave though for Bridlewood stables, she got a call from there that her mare Nora was off her feed this morning. While we were eating Spark called to report there was a truck at the auction that looked exactly like I was looking for. A newer 3 quarter ton truck with lots of miles on it, 4 wheel drive, seating for six and some obvious scratches and dings on the bumper. Those all important scratches and dings along with the high mileage would just maybe put the truck in my price range. I told Spark what I had in my savings account and then took off for Big R in Pekin to buy grain picking up 500 pounds (10 bags at 50 pounds each) then over Aldi to pick up groceries for our vacation.  On the way home from there Spark called back to report I bought a truck. It is 2015 silver colored Chevy 2500 quad cab with 140,000 miles on it and of course the scratches and dings that made it affordable. I'm pretty thrilled, have never owned such a new truck plus it already has the gooseneck hitch and a bumper hitch. I'll get pictures tomorrow when we go to pick it up. My next job was to go Christmas shopping. The Meister Christmas is tomorrow and I was glad to have the day off work to get this done. I really don't like shopping and haven't learned to enjoy online shopping yet.  The rest of the afternoon was spent wrapping gifts. Karin arrived to work horses but I still wasn't done wrapping gifts so didn't go out to watch.
Just mom and I went to church tonight in my car. Mark still isn't feeling well. Joan, Sarah and Hannah all drove separate too. Joan was grocery shopping in Peoria, Sarah just came straight from work and Hannah either came from home or school, I forgot to ask.  Mike Reiker had the message reading the last chapter in the Old Testament and then Luke 3 of John the Baptist. It was good to be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment