Sunday, May 18, 2014

Dan's Heart

Below is an update Dan wrote:
last night was hard... just being in my own bed made me realize how much has changed since that morning I last awakened with a phone call.. from 1am till about 4am,, the mind races and the enemy attacks,, bringing all kinds of accusations on myself... what have I done? could have done different? the security system I planned to install this time next year.... how many people are disappointed in me..the utter failure that I am.
I know this is from the enemy but it is hard to shut that out... (pray for tonight)
Today we managed to get to church,, frankly, the enemy would like nothing better than to keep us home..(true for everyone I suppose).
I was counseled to NOT rob the bride of the opportunity of blessing to help when help is desperately needed. How are we supposed to care for those of the household of faith if we hide our needs? It is so against my nature to take...but the lesson for me is this.. As broken as I am, I could never take credit for whatever of value ends up happening. Praise and honor to Him (alone) who sits on the throne for ever and ever!!!
The bride is amazing,, so many people willing to do whatever they can. It is truly humbling to walk among giants in the Kingdom.. 
Brother John ran the water pump for me this afternoon so I can keep water out of the basement.. Maybe tomorrow I will be able to get power on in the gym and if I could get a cord to at least one of the electric sump pumps it would help a lot..

How hard it is for us as a family to see Dan struggling with doubts. The Old School Center gave so many people, so many young, so many families a place to come together to learn, to sing, to worship and to fellowship for 10 years. We don't know and may never know in this lifetime why something like this would happen but we know God wasn't up in heaven wringing his hands.
We had a very blessed day in Peoria, Mike Rieker had the morning service and Ken Hoerr had the afternoon. The family all came for volleyball then dinner tonight. After dinner the mares were teased and only Eliza was still in. She was covered by Evan. Tomorrow Dr. Hoerr arrives for ultrasounds. Praying Holly and Prissy are pregnant and hopefully he can tell us where Indy is in her season.
Diane sent this picture of Mike on Mika at Middle Grove, you can see the herd dotted way in the background on the other side of the lake. Click on the picture to see it in a larger size.

No comments:

Post a Comment