Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Tuesday's COLD

This morning it was 10 degrees above zero Fahrenheit and the sun was out but the wind was blowing so hard we cut our walk short. We started back over the dam from Rachel's when we decided to quit. Rachel just turned around and headed home while Diane and I went into mom's to see an email Aunt Jinny sent her. Mom has a new laptop and she is learning about the internet pretty quickly. Today she even used facebook!
At work today, Eva Jean and I were swamped with Bible studies. We work amazingly efficient together and were ready for lunch shortly before noon. Phil, Anna, Spark, Dan, and Mark joined us for lunch. We had a very lively and fun discussion and really didn't want to head back down to work but duty called.
The individual Bibles were mailed out after lunch. I had so many request that we ran out of wrapped Bibles and I had to wrap the last 7. Those were not very pretty but at least the entire request for the week went out. Our Apostolic Christian retirement home on Skyline drive in Peoria does most of my wrapping and when ever I have to wrap any is when the thought comes, THEY MUST BE THANKED. This is a TERRIBLE job and they do it so willingly. THANK YOU Louise Roecker for taking charge of this job!
We finally received the email from the lady that bought Meike. It was kind of cute so I am posting some of it below. For the record, English is not her language, I think she does VERY well.
Hi Judy,
Meike was shipped to Ottawa and was kept there overnight, she arrived at midnight on Sunday on my place. She was calm and brave. She did adapt to me right away, she was not spooky, she wants to be
petted like a dog. actually she behaves like a giant dog. I could not believe her size. she is only 4 month old and her legs are as long as the legs of my other horses. I have small horses about 14.5 hands and Meike is over 13 hands, nearly their size.Thank you for the holder and leadrope you bought for her. The holder I bought (for a 4 month old filly) is much to small and I have to bring it back. Meike was so calm that I thought she made have been drugged . I thought- wait another day- she may come out of it and be a wild little horse, but fortunately she is the same, today, she is still the calm big filly who liked to be petted and is putting her head gentle on my shoulder. She is very trusting and I have to thank YOU for that, she had only good experiences with people. I was the whole day around to observe: she is eating , drinking, pooping peeing -well, I guess she is healthy. To make it short, Meike is more as I was hoping for. A wonderful breed with an old pedigree that seems to run through her blood and makes her brave. I was so happy with Meike that all the other thingsdidn't seem important. Meike is greeting my with a loud nicker when ever I approach , that gives me a very nice feeling. It was pleasure to deal with you Judy, if I can sell my Motel in 2010 I will contact you for another horse.....
Good Day
Brigitte

No comments:

Post a Comment