Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Email from Andrea

Andrea bought Prince Caspian last year, she emailed me this today:
Hi Judy,
I just wanted to write to you and let you know how wonderful Caspian is doing!!
He is the sweetest horse I have ever been around. When I go out to the pasture, he usually nickers to me and always comes walking/running up. I can pick up his feet and take cockle burs out of his hair without even a halter on him, he just stays there eating grass and doesn't mind at all. He gets along with all of the other horses and most of the time is the one who leads them out to the pasture and back in. It's hilarious because he is the youngest one out there but is the bravest by far.
He now stands right at 15H and is really filling out nicely. His feathers are REALLY coming on and his mane is growing so fast. He is such a beautiful horse and he just gets better looking every day it seems.
He is sooooo smart and always retains what he learned last. He is extremely easy to teach anything to, he always tries hard and likes to be messed with. I keep the lessons very short each time since he is so young. He knows how to do all of the Parelli Seven Games including sidepassing and backing up with a shake of the rope. He is very light, just a light touch and he will move off of your hand. I pony him when we go on short rides, usually just around the farm, and he loves it. He has also taken to ground driving extremely well, he is a natural. I think he will really like driving a cart when he gets older, he really seems to like getting out and going places.
I just got him gelded last month and he did wonderfully with the procedure and healed extremely well. It really didn't seem to affect him nearly as much as any other horse we have had gelded, I was so glad.
I took him a few weeks ago on a camping trip with a group of people. I had so many people complement me on him, on his looks and his behavior. One person even had me give her your website address so she could look at your available horses, she was just so impressed with him. He was absolutely PERFECT the entire time we were there, he was fine with being left behind in the barn by himself (he was in a stall just munching on his hay, like no big deal) and he was great when I took him with us on a short trail ride. I ponyed him off of another horse I was riding and we ended up leading the whole group! He was really happy to go with us, he crossed creeks and went up a hill and even drank water on the trail!! I was so excited I was just grinning from ear to ear the whole time! =)
Well, I could just go on and on about him all day, but I won't, you get the picture, he is a wonderful horse and he is doing really well. I don't think I will ever have another breed of horse again besides a Friesian or a Friesian cross, Caspian has just exceeded all of my expectations! Thank you so much for selling him to me, he is the best!
Sincerely,
Andrea Jessup (used to be Lee

OK, Can you tell this boy is LOVED!

No comments:

Post a Comment