Tuesday, December 1, 2009

THE Princess!

Below is an email from Alesia, her Princess is by Raven and out of Ribbon. She sounds like a typical Raven baby!

Hi Judy,
Princess is doing well. She has come up with quite a few antics and we have to "Princess-Proof" the place continually! LOL!
If she's in, she finds a way out..... If she's out, she finds a way in.
THE Princess has 3 doors and a window in her stall and the one that goes into the middle of the barn is now a sliding Dutch door we had made just for her so she could visit us over the top while we are in the barn. I decided it would be easier to feed by opening the bottom half for me to walk through and leave the top shut because she is too tall to duck under it... so I thought.
Yep.
You guessed it.
She ducks right under that thing!
SO, I go get her (as she is investigating things she normally can't reach) I open the top door to put her back in her stall (I just put my hand under her chin to lead her) and I decide to just put up the chain across the doorway like the other horses have (it is waist high). I go back to the front of the barn to fill water buckets and just take a glance back her way and there she is! In the middle of the barn again! She ducked that chain and I don't know how! She is almost 15.2 hh at seventeen months old for heaven's sake! I dunno, maybe she went over it? (sigh)
I dash to turn off the water, turn around to go get her and she is trying to figure out a way to get in her neighbor's stall to visit with him. I am quite sure she would have if I weren't there spoiling the fun!
Her front door is a regular Dutch door that faces out under the carriage house roof. We keep a saddle rack and some tack out there. Never thought about her being able to reach it. None of the others had. Until...The Princess.
She had artistically expressed herself and decorated the outside of her stall as far as she could reach...Saddle on the floor, saddle pads strewn about and one she must have particularly liked was in her stall. (sigh)
SO we fabricated a bar to go across the front of the top part of the Dutch door so she could still stick her head outside but not reach the saddle rack. She immediately investigates what she thinks surely must be a new toy just for her. LOL (Yep).
One day as a treat, I decided to put her out in the front pasture (wooden fence) inside a section of temporary fence. I didn't turn the electric on because she had already introduced herself to it some time ago and has respected it ever since. I went on the other side of the horse trailer to hook it up to the truck...(for about two minutes). Did you ever have the feeling you were being watched? I looked over my shoulder and there she was! Right behind me, out of the temporary fence! Plenty of green grass everywhere and she is more interested in what I'M up to! (poised to nudge me if I didn't notice her) and saying "Hi Mom! Whatchya dooin'?" (sigh)
SO, I figure she is still safely inside the wooden fence with me so I let her hang out with me while I finished.
Then I heard mischief from the back of the trailer.
I peer around, not sure what I would see next. The door of the trailer is open about a foot wide and there she is... with her head inside the trailer! I walked back and she looks at me like "Mom, I wanna see!"
SO, I open the trailer door all the way... and she just scampers right up in there! And she starts looking for who knows what??? on the floor, in the manger, even checking out the roof vents!
I left her in there till her curiousity was satisfied and she finally came out on her own! No hurry mind you. LOL!
She is so quick! and smart! and funny!
I have a ton of stories! I suppose I should be keeping a journal. Just thought I'd share a few of the comics with you! :D
~Alesia

1 comment:

  1. Alesia, I laughed out loud when I read your email. I just had to post it here.

    ReplyDelete