Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Coggins & Worming

Dr. Pallen called as she was leaving a farm in Edward's Illinois and decided to go to the farm before coming to Bridlewood. Steven Marchal volunteered to go to the farm to meet her and get the fillies ready. That went off without a hitch. He even had time to move Izadora and Aragon out to the cabin pasture. It is time for her colt to start playing with the other foals and the breeding shed paddock needs to be opened up for the next 2 horses coming in. Steven called as she was leaving the farm so I had plenty of time to get the 2 foals from Bridlewood out of the mud and ready. I decided while they were out, I may as well worm them. I'm amazed at how good they were, both stood very well for worming. This is the second worming they have had so this time I used Ivermectin. This is a stronger wormer and also kills bots. We use this after the first hard frost.

No comments:

Post a Comment