Monday, December 21, 2009

Picky Mares

Steven Marchal was such a help today, he brought Samantha, Sanna and her filly over from the cabin field and put them in a stall to dry off for Tyler Joos, put Sangria and Lily in one big stall, Jenis and Valiant in a stall, and tied Ylse up on the cement all ready. So nice to walk in the barn and everything was done. He told me that Clara was stuck behind a round bale in the shed paddock so she was moved. It wasn't too hard to get her to back out, she just needed encouragement. Her udder was checked to see if she is bagging up yet but so far no sign. She really isn't due until Jan.12th, 2010 but that is coming right up. She is such a nice mare. Izadora was moved in with the herd. She doesn't like the water tank with the heater in the bottom of the tank. I think she can sense the electricity. She wanted to drink but was sure she was going to get a shock. She had me convinced it was shocking her so I stuck my hand in it and there was no problem, Sanna came over and drank out of it along with Wanda but Izadora still couldn't get up the courage to drink. I finally took her over to the farm, stuck her in with the herd and she went right over to the automatic waterer and drank. Save me from picky mares! Our farmer came with his bale trailer as I was leaving and he was taking 7 of the moldy round bales. they were being used as a wind break and I kind of hated to see them go. We had to pay to have the field cut, raked and baled so the 4th cutting was more than a total loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment