Friday, October 9, 2009

Royal Masquerade SOLD

He is SOLD!

The wire transfer came through for the deposit on Sangria's 2009 colt we named Royal Masquerade. He is a birthday present for Cesar's wife and will be picked up in December as that is when her birthday is. Congratulations CESAR!
Sangria's colts are HUGE both at birth and once they are done growing. Royal's full sister was 17 hands at 3 years of age, I know they don't finish growing until 5 years old so she will probably end up 17.1 or 17.2 and usually colts are bigger than fillies.
We have decided to breed Sangria back to Raven late this fall, I wasn't going to breed her back this year, we miss her as a riding horse but if she is bred late October has the foal October 2010 the foal will be weaned in March 2011 and we can have her both next summer and 2011 summer for riding. Two of our customers always breed their mares late fall for that very reason.
We woke up to rain again this morning so no walking. I still need to get to the farm, take care of Izadora, Jenis and Raven and pick up my trailer for tonight. I just found out Mike and Diane are going to be going down to Arthur also and they are taking Willow their grand daughter. We are going to be camping in a parking lot with no hookups but it is still easier for me to do that then get up at 4:00am and drive down. I'm really having a problem getting up early for some reason. Last night we went to bed right after getting home from Bible study, the phone rang at 11:00pm and woke us up. I couldn't get back to sleep until after midnight, then slept in until 6:45am.
At least with the rain I was able to sit and have a couple cups of coffee.
Later in the day: Well, I was pleased when I got to the farm, Steven Marchal was there and already had Raven and the mares grained. He fired up the skid steer and moved in 2 new round bales for the mares in the middle paddock and gave Raven a new alfalfa bale. He also helped me load up the stock trailer with hay, manure forks, wheel barrow and our equine liability sign for the Spoon River Drive tomorrow. Mike is going to be hauling the ponies out in that and we didn't want anything forgotten. With 2 full days of rain I wasn't sure if we could get the big horse trailer out and wanted an extra hand around to help push with the skid steer if needed. We hooked up the horse trailer and even without 4wheel drive was able to pull it out, unfortunately that didn't work at home. I missed my driveway and got the truck and trailer stuck in the yard. Ralph and Jamie Stone came and pulled me out and helped back the trailer up just enough that it is on concrete, out of the way but we can still drive around it. I guess I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get the truck repaired, We MUST have 4 Wheel drive with the weather we have had this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment