Thursday, October 1, 2009

A Raven Grandson

This is a picture I received today from one of our past customers. Below is the email they sent.


Judy
I haven’t updated you for a while, but we are so VERY glad that we kept one of our Raven babies. I think I sent pictures of Cassi last year (tell me if not and I will), she’s one of the 4 Raven/TB cross babies we bred. When Emily (Keegan’s owner) was out last summer, she said she couldn’t tell the difference between Cassi and her full Friesian filly of the same age. She’s stunning to look at and so much fun to train and ride. For us though, the biggest thing is her personality. I swear, if she could climb up in my lap she would do it- it’s like having a very, very large dog! Cassi’s 16 hands now, and I think may add another inch before she’s done. Anyway she had a colt by our Welsh stallion and he is the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen. He’s 7 months old now and we are planning to keep him as a future stallion as long as he continues to develop nicely. He’ll be registered with the FSHR and the WPCSA (1/2 welsh). Welsh ponies have a lot of feathering, and he got his dad’s flashy coloring (a blaze and 4 socks). The most amazing part though, is he looks like a fresian colt! Other than the coloring, which he inherited from Foxy- everything else comes straight down from Raven. He’s huge and should end up well over 16 hands, and he just moves beautifully. I’m attaching some pictures and when we get around to a video I will send that too. We are as thrilled with our Raven grandbaby as we have been with our Raven Daughter!

No comments:

Post a Comment