Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The Hay

This morning I made it to the farm with 10 minutes to spare so grained Raven, Izadora and Jenis. Steven Marchal had put the new hay up so I went to see what the bales looked like and can't find them. I'm sure he put them in the barn but all the hay looks like earlier hay so it must have survived the rain. Our farmer told me it was because it was rainy AND cold, no chance of mold. What surprised me is that it stayed green. I thought hay that had been rained on would turn brown. Steven told me he put a couple of bales in the shelters so I checked the bales there and they also look like good hay. I think we lucked out or as mom tells me, "you were blessed!" We took Darcy on our walk to see if she would straighten out Heidi again and we do think it worked. Heidi only tried a couple of times to dominate Darcy but gave up right away when Darcy growled at her.
After our walk, Diane and I went over to mom's to try to repair her lazy Susan can cupboard. We were not successful and it will take more than both of us to figure out. I drove down to the shop to pay Bridlewood apartment bills and told Dan about the problem. I think he is going to send someone over to mom's to get it fixed.
Wednesday Continued: Ruth stopped in for lunch just about the time Spark, Dan and Diane showed up so we held an impromptu meeting which went well. While we were talking, Spark told us he wants to go on the cruise in Feb but needs the information, I was able to download it and Spark got the job accomplished. We now have 10 people on the cruise Feb. 7th,- 14th 2010. Should be a lot of fun. Dan sent Greg, a man that works at the Old School Center, to fix mom's lazy susan and she was thrilled, it was fixed quickly and well.
We are going to be fostering a doberman pincher male about a year old for one of Rhoda's co workers until they find a place that will take dogs. Her husband got transferred to Kentucky and the condo he rented will not accept dogs. We really don't want another dog at this time so hopefully this will be short foster. Hope Darcy will get along with having another dog in the house. This one may not be house broken but he is crate trained so we will set up a crate in our hallway. He also has not been obedience trained so Rhoda will sign him up for classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment