Thursday, May 30, 2024

Phone Problems

 Jewel, Madiera and her colt were put out early this morning. Something we think must have stung Jewel in her rear end as all of a sudden she took off cantering and swinging her tail between her legs then even kicking out. We have never seen her act this way. 

She settled down after the last kick out and started grazing. It was not flies, Madiera was not swishing her tail at all.
They were left out while I went on the walk with Diane, Ruth and Joan. We stopped at the foaling apartment first to check out the new vanity then at Diane's to check out her new flooring.
Both the wood and the carpet are new. We all agreed it looked very nice. Diane also showed us her new mower. All of us oood and awwwd over that, zero turn and small enough to fit in tight places.
When we reached the dam one of the goose families was heading out grazing on the shore but all quickly reached the lake before we arrived. 
Rachel and David had one dock fixed up and in the water.
Mark was working in the water heater of the mini max when we reached Joan's house.
That turned out to be a loose wire. The people renting it were coming today to pick it up today.
Mark and Mackenson worked on taking down more trees growing up against the garage. Berlica mowed here and at the new barn. Once the tree work was done Mackenson used the push mower on the hill and tight spots. It all looks so nice now. 
The fly traps came today, all 12 of them. Six of them were prepared and hung and as I was hanging them I found a refillable fly trap so came inside and ordered the bait refills. I may as well keep these going all summer. They really do help with the fly population. 
My guests coming in today are a family of 7 and won't be here until 9:00 pm. The lights were left on for them. On the way back to the house from turning on the lights I noticed my goose family with their 6 goslings. Those goslings are really at the ugly stage right now but all are growing well.
I need more salt blocks here. I moved the two I have into the other paddocks and will keep moving them around until I get back to TSC to buy more.  This evening Jewel's udder was checked but it is really not filling yet.  Madiera's colt came up to visit when I got to the fenceline. For the first time I noticed he has a few white hairs in the middle of his forehead. Funny I never saw that before.
He really is doing well. The mares have a lot of pasture to graze in but all came running up into the paddock when they heard the golf cart.
Tomorrow Rosalie, Blueberry and Lea go in to the vet clinic for preg checks. If they are pregnant I'll drive them right out to Middle Grove. I feel pretty good that Blueberry and  Rosalie are pregnant but Lea who was bred last November just doesn't look pregnant to me. If she isn't maybe Dr. Hoerr can tell me if she is close to ovulating. My phone is really causing some problems. It has been going straight to voicemail not letting any phone calls go through. I had to switch the texting messages over to google messages as I couldn't answer anyone and just now after restarting the phone for the 4th time a bunch of text messages came through. I don't have bluetooth on nor do I have airplane mode on. It doesn't even show me that I missed call. 












No comments:

Post a Comment