Tuesday, May 14, 2024

On the Road Again

 Mark and I went out around 6:00 am to hook up the Wildwood camper. Once that was done I cooked breakfast then got ready for the long day of driving.  Fedi arrived just before 7:30 am, the camper he was hauling was the Salem with the slideout. Both of these campers had a recall and the only place we could find to take care of the recall was 90 miles away. The good news was that most of that was interstate driving. It took a solid hour and a half to get there but we arrived right at the scheduled time of 9:00 am. This had been scheduled weeks ago and at that time I told them we could make a 9:00 am start time and we did. The bad news was they told us we should not wait, it would be later in the afternoon before they could have the repair finished. Now this isn't a hard repair just put a couple straps on the fresh water tank so I was really confused but agreed. We decided as Fedi's truck gets much better gas mileage than mine we would leave my truck down with the campers then take Fedi's truck home. Fedi comes prepared for anything. In the picture below can you see what I'm referring to?  

If you can't tell what I'm referring to below is a better picture.
HE was quite quick on the draw too. He showed me how quickly he could draw the gun but also could cock it at the same time in that special holder. He has all the permits for concealed carry. We made it home by 10:45 am. Fedi dropped me off at our house. Ruth took mom and Aunt Jinnie to the Berean office and sent back the picture below:
Rachel sent an adorable picture of her new red headed grandson born yesterday.
Great Aunt Ida's genes strike again. This darling little baby boy was born yesterday but I didn't want to announce his birth until his parents announced.  Emily and Caleb welcome to the world Joseph Paul Sauder born May 13th, 2024 at 9:43 am  He is  19.5 inches long and weighs 7 pounds 5 ounces. Below are his newborn pictures. 

Caleb and Emily are happy Brian has a baby brother. 
When I got home there was a notice that the books I bought on ebay had been delivered to Meisters so drove down there to pick them up on my way to the DMV in Peoria. That wasn't crowded and I was able to get the renewal sticker for the Eclipse horse trailer pretty quickly. When I got home I noticed the orange slice with grape jelly had a Baltimore Oriole slurping up the wet jelly. 
It was raining most of the drive there and back and raining here too. Mark took me over to Fedi's at 3:00 pm and we started our second journey down to pick up the 2 campers. We arrived there just as they finished up the second camper. It didn't take us long to hook up and head home. Funny how tired I feel from driving 6 hours back and forth to Maroa, IL and to Peoria for the license sticker. I'm ready for a nap but if I just stay up a few more minutes I could go to bed for the night.

 











No comments:

Post a Comment