Saturday, May 25, 2024

Camping

 Right after Madiera's early morning foaling of her colt I got a message from the guests in the foaling apartment asking for some medicine. I took up what I had but it wasn't what she needed. Thankfully I could send one of the room mates to Kroger to buy what she needed. Lea was teased and she is still saying no.  Madiera's stall was cleaned, 2 buckets of water filled and a wheel barrow full of hay put in before I left to pick up mom. We stopped at Smithville church where a man was making kettle corn. We bought a bag to take with us and the man gave me a new Testament. When I explained I was a believer and have plenty of Bibles, he told me to take it anyway and give it to someone then said, "I'm a Gideon."  My immediate response was, "I'm a Berean and give out Bibles too, we are on the same team." Today we went to Middle Grove to join the campers who stayed last night. Ruth, Joan and Diane.  Spark and Rhonda came out today as did their daughter Kari and her family and Jacob and his family. Then Phil and Anna came, Tim Meister came with his boys and by the time all of us were there that quiet peaceful campsite became crowded. 

Ruth gave mom her antigravity chair for the afternoon. Mom was comfortable and Ruth's dog enjoyed laying at her feet which gave mom a leg rest.
Fishing was great. Everyone that fished caught fish. 

Charlie showed me his cast and there was Taegan's name on it. They are in the same class at school.
Tim was helping Spark with the commode in his camper.
Tim and Spark got the solar panel tracking with the sun. It was nice to have electricity to plug in our phones.
Joan even had her motorhome plugged in to that. Joan cooked mom and I fish for lunch. She caught the fish this morning, cleaned it and cooked it over the fire in butter with a little garlic, salt and pepper. It was delicious.
Ruth found a tick on her dog so had Diane check her hair too.
To see the rest of the pictures from Middle Grove click HERE.
Dancer was taken to Pablo's covered then Mika and Dancer were brought to Middle Grove. Below Mike and Berlica are crossing the lake on Mika and Dancer.
Dancer is Berlica's new favorite horse. She really did wonderful on the trails and water crossings.
Below is a short video of just a bit of the group camping at Middle Grove.
Mom and I left at suppertime, called in an order to Bees then picked it up on the way home and ate with Karin and Mark at mom's house. The food was a little disappointing but we were hungry enough we gulped it down. I stopped at the barn on the way back to the house to start cleaning it except it was still occupied. I was sure they had only booked for one night so checked and yes that had only booked for one night and were supposed to leave by 10:00 am. I was able to reach the airbnb renter, he had made a mistake when booking only 1 night, he needed 2. He was able to book it for tonight but it took at least an hour on the phone talking to airbnb support to get that accomplished.  My guests in the foaling apartment were thrilled to see Madiera's new colt. They were able to feel that new born baby coat and feed the mom carrots. Mark needed help getting the bush hog mower on the small Kubota. Between the 2 of us we got that on. Why is that job so hard?  Really some smart person should figure out a quick connect for the power take off and patent it. I know we would be glad to buy it. Madiera's stall was cleaned for the night, two water buckets filled,  more hay dumped and the colt handled. His cord is nice and dry. He really is doing great and I am thankful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment