Thursday, May 23, 2024

Dancer Covered

 We had a really cool morning, only 54 degrees. The horses loved that. They handle the cold much better than the heat. Lily and her colt were turned out early before teasing mares. 

Our walk was pleasant, it warmed up with the sun and no coats or sweat shirts were needed. After the walk and after breakfast I went out to work on the campsite. I had someone book it through hipcamp and they will be coming in June. My first job was to open the big back doors open of the indoor arena.
One side opened easily but the other side I had to dig out.
Once that was dug out and would open I got the skid steer and moved some gravel bringing a load over from the other barn. By the time I was finished I was happy with how it looked. 
After that was finished Mark and I went to work on the East and South side of Evan's paddock. Evan was very curious and kept Mark company checking all of his work.
Mark brought mom's Kubota over with the bush hog attached so I could start mowing.
He then finished Evan's paddock by himself as I was no longer needed to hold boards. The mowing went well for both of Evan's pastures.

When I started on the mare pasture not so well. I had 4 rounds done when the back wheel of the mower fell off. Mark had left to get diesel fuel to fill the Kubota and when he got back came down to the pasture to put the wheel back on. This job needed two people, one to use the hydraulic lift on the Kubota to lift the mower and the other to position the wheel under in the right spot. Once that was done I drove it back to mom's shed and parked it so Mark could get a new pin to hold it on. 
Below he is taking the golf cart with the diesel to fill the Kubota.
It was getting late so we quit outside work for the day. We ate an early dinner as we skipped lunch. I would say we had earlybirds but really Mark grilled hamburgers for our dinner. At 4:30 pm we both went up to the barn to help load Dancer. Mike was taking her to Pablo's to be bred to his Friesian stallion. We followed just in case things got complicated. Mike had strict orders to be home by 5:45 pm so he and Diane could attend Irelyn's graduation in Washington IL and just in case things didn't go well, he could take our car back and we would drive Dancer back in the truck and trailer. Pablo was waiting for us when we arrived.
Dancer was tied in their arena.
Pablo brought his stallion out.
Below the stallion is checking out Dancer.
All went well. Pablo would like us to bring her back tomorrow night at the same time.

Pablo had a two month old colt on the property from this stallion so of course we needed to go admire him.

He was sweet and really nice. He is already sold. We left then for home and easily made it before the 5:45 pm deadline. It was a beautiful day to work outside and both Mark and I feel like we got a lot accomplished. 

























No comments:

Post a Comment