Monday, February 14, 2022

SuperBowl Sunday

 I was so tired on Sunday that I wrote but forgot to actually post this last night. We had another wonderful Sunday. I was praying for the ministers this morning on my special chair, looked out the window and saw a herd of deer making their way down to the creek in single file. I counted 15 but there were some before I started counting.  I start each week by praying for who ever will be speaking. We don't know who will be speaking but I really believe prayer from the pews power the pulpit. I didn't take a picture of the deer this morning but did of the bird that arrived in our yard yesterday afternoon. 

I slowly and quietly stepped outside and they all took off.
David had the morning message at church today on Psalm 18. 
  Today was the Valentine lunch, all the men served the ladies today a very special lunch with amazing food plus flowers and chocolate candies. Tim Roecker had the afternoon message. After church Mark got busy to prepare the shrimp for tonight while I made deviled eggs and finished the pot roast, potatoes and carrots.  Tonight the Sceggels met at Phil and Anna's for the supper and the superbowl. Everyone brought food and that was all really tasty. Check out just some of that delicious food.
Above is the pot roast which was cooked yesterday and put outside so the fat could rise and be skimmed off easily. Below are the potatoes and carrots, which were put in the crock pot and cooked in the pot roast liquid while we were at church.

Above are the chicken tenders Nolan made. He made 3 different kinds, one was coated in coconut, another a special kind of bread crumbs and the 3rd kind I don't remember but all were great. Sarah made a healthy but tasty coconut cake for dessert. Stephanie brought taco dips, chips, stuffed mushrooms, and her special sugar cookies. Taunya brought salads and fruits along with special sandwiches for kids. Phil made corn dogs, fried mozzarella sticks and jalapeno poppers.
Anna made a delicious pulled pork. 
Rhoda brought ripe honeydew, cantaloupe, watermelon and pineapple and a cookie dessert.
Not all the food is pictured. We all had a good time.
Ben and  Taunya's family left first at half time. Sarah and Nolan's family left next and Mark and I were pretty quick to follow. We aren't that interested in football and I still needed to clean up the kitchen from the cooking this afternoon. 



No comments:

Post a Comment