Friday, February 11, 2022

Cancelled

 We had so much ice this morning I could not get up the hill to the apartment.  Trying to get to mom's was almost impossible but not quite. The car ended up slipping backward all the way down the drive. It took 2 tries to even back it enough to get a run at the hill going towards mom's. At 9:00 am, once mom was settled in her chair I asked Karin to stay with mom and headed back to my place to try to get some of the ice off the drive using 2 full buckets of salt and a shovel. After working a half an hour finally gave up and sent a message to the airbnb guest and told them if they didn't have 4 wheel drive they would need to cancel the booking. They did not have 4 wheel drive so I had to call airbnb to make sure they could get their full refund back. The sun came out later in the day and it was warm enough to sit out on the deck for about 10 minutes.

Mom enjoyed the sunshine but as soon as a cloud came it was cold. This evening I was blessed to be able to head to Goodfield to stay with Jack, Jace and Abe. Addyson was at her volleyball game until after 8:00 pm but the boys and I had fun. I found some wind up butterflies and gave them to the boys. They would place them in books then open the book.

That kept them busy for a couple hours. When it got dark outside the light up balloons were brought out and blown up.

When Addyson got home they had to show her the balloons.
At 8:30 pm we went upstairs to start getting ready for bed but first Abe and Jace had to show me their amazing race track.
Abe needed to show me how it worked.
It was a fun evening.






No comments:

Post a Comment