Thursday, February 10, 2022

Sense and Sensibility

 We have SO much ice on the drives that as I was turning into the drive to head up the hill I see Mark going backward down the hill. It took him 3 tries before he was able to get into a dry part, get some traction and make it to the other drive. Sure hope we get a big melt down by tomorrow noon. I have guests arriving for the apartment and I'm going to have to try to get some of the ice off. We have a good chance of rain starting tonight and raising temperatures so hopefully a lot will melt off before they arrive.  I shopped at Aldi for mom's house and when I dropped off the groceries Joan was helping mom with walking. 

The next exercise was to use the barn Rachel and David installed in the bathroom to pull herself up 3 times. 
We are pretty proud of how hard she is trying. This afternoon Diane and I reconciled the Horsemeister check book then finished the year end report for our tax man.  That is a big job and I'm thrilled it is done.  Mark tried air frying asparagus tonight for our dinner. It didn't turn out too bad. We had that was our ribs, salad and chips. I tried an easy recipe from the internet for cookies but they didn't turn out near as good as Becky's Butter Cookies. That is the recipe we use to make Christmas cookies but the recipe makes 200 cookies.  I decided next time I'll just make sure I have the to make the 'real' recipe and forget all these supposed good but easy recipes that don't  taste near as good. This evening I went over to mom's to play games with Diane, Karin and Joan except Joan hadn't arrived yet. Karin was playing for Joan and herself and just as Joan walked in she won the game. We exclaimed, "we started without you and you just won the game!"  Joan replied, "it just wasn't a very satisfying win."  Joan brought the kids over to watch Jane Austen's Sense and Sensibility which was playing tonight for free with ads. 
The movie has lots of horses including those gorgeous Friesian horses. 
We all enjoyed the movie.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment