Monday, March 25, 2019

Another Busy Day

Joan, Ruth and I walked this morning here and the rest of the walkers all walked on the warm white sandy beaches of Gulf Shores.  Karin sent the picture below. While they were walking a man fishing pulled in this catch.
He (the catcher) was pretty thrilled and was going to butcher and eat it. I'm not sure butcher it the term to use for a shark but cleaning it just didn't seem graphic enough for what he was planning on doing.  Right after the walk I ran to Sam's club and Aldi.  Ryan, our farmer that bales our hay called and needed some hay for his cows. I moved 6 bales out of the barn for him. He arrived as I was moving it out. He thinks this should be enough to get him through until the grass can support the cows. I had to get a tool from Mark's shop and had to stop to greet the puppies.
Hopefully I can get some better pictures later. The airbnb guests have some beautiful collies. They were down at the civic center at the Collie Nationals today and will be showing all week. I'm not sure when the puppies get to show. They brought a bunch of dogs. There are 3 different owners coming from 3 different places. One car was from Canada, one from Ohio and one from Tennessee.  The Sunbelt Rental company wanted to pick up the big roller today but wanted it moved to the road. I was happy to oblige. It drives kind of like the skid steer, at least forward and back. The turning wasn't quite as easy.
This afternoon Rebekah came to work with Irish. Today she introduced the tarp and by the end of the session Irish had been wearing the tarp and was following the tarp as Rebekah dragged it along.
Rebekah has really got this filly trusting her. 
She brought her down to the house so I could get a few pictures. The video and picture above Rebekah took. 


Hopefully the weather will warm up soon and we can start giving baths. Although it isn't going to be easy to get all that white hair bright white again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment