Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Visitors

I overslept this morning, not waking until 6:45 and did that ever cause me to go into overdrive. Anna was fed and watered first and the stall cleaned up. The next job was to move Rosalie and Galena out of the indoor arena back into their paddock. No time to clean up the manure they left I still needed to run back to the house and cook Mark breakfast. I was exactly on time for the walk which starts at 7:25 am. But I was wearing the barn clothes which meant I had to quit after the first round in order to have time to change for my real job at the Berean office. We had a really good morning there, if you would like to read about that click HERE. I had to book it home as we had visitors coming at 2:00 today to see Anna's new colt. When I arrived home I was thrilled to see that Rhoda was here. She had already cleaned up the indoor and fed and watered Anna. She also put a halter on Envy. Our visitors sent a text that they were going to be 40 minutes late which gave us plenty of time to get a few needed chores done. Mike stopped in and helped Rhoda halter EllaSkye and together they took EasterBonnet and EllaSkye over to the cabin field.
While they were doing that I locked Valiant into the field so I could move a new round bale in for him. Valiant had a ball doing the 'airs above ground'



He finally settled down and dropped to roll, although this picture looks like he fell and can't get up. 
It didn't take long for him to jump up and take off again.





Next was to bring Marika in and groomed up a bit. Anna was not happy about that, she was just sure Marika was going to steal her precious baby. Our visitors arrived right about then.




 They first enjoyed Anna's colt then Rhoda brought Valiant, the colts sire, out to meet them. 

 Next we went over to the cabin field to meet EasterBonnet.
 She and EllaSkye were enjoying galloping around the cabin field





We came back to the house to warm up. Ebby came in and got decorated. 
 Rhoda picked up Braelyn and brought her over to play with Elaina. 
I still need to run back up to the barn to fill water buckets and hay feeders for the evening and of course scoop up more poop. 


No comments:

Post a Comment