Friday, March 16, 2018

Corned Beef and Cabbage

Anna dropped the girls off at 7:15 am today. I had already taken care of the horses and Mark was willing to watch them while I did the first round of the walk. We had a fun day between baking, reading and making forts. Below are a few pictures of our fun day.




For dinner tonight Mark, mom and I went to the Methodist church where they were serving a meal of corned beef and cabbage as a fund raiser. I've never eaten that and was game to try. I don't think I'll ever order that but it wasn't terrible, just not to my taste buds. We met Vivian Dubet there. She was in charge of the Kings of the Kingdom preschool our kids attended here in Hanna City.
It was about 6:30 pm when we got home and still daylight. Each mare's udder was checked and Rosalie's was the only mare that had some waxing this evening so she was brought inside and stalled for the night. It was sprinkling  pretty much all evening but now the rain is coming down mixed with ice pellets and coming down harder so hopefully none of the other mares will decide to go into labor.  It is just too awful out to take a chance so I'm heading out now in the rain to bring in Lola and Hadassah into the indoor arena.

No comments:

Post a Comment