Monday, October 9, 2017

Puppies and MORE Puppies

Rebekah set up a puppy chat for her Golden Doodle Reagan and I'm on it. The phone started dinging in the middle of the night as Reagan went into labor and started delivering her puppies. BUT that wasn't all, Sarah and Nolan's Multipoo dog Arrie also went into labor at the very same time. Reagan the Golden Doodle ended up with 10 puppies, 8 females and 2 females. The picture below was posted after the first 4 were born.
Rebekah will hopefully post more pictures soon. This was very carefully planned litter. The sire is called a Moyen Poodle. The Moyen Poodle is an intelligent, joyful, companion dog. The Moyen Poodle has a large amount of energy and has a very playful attitude. Poodles love to be around its owner. This dog gets along with other dog breeds and likes other animals.  The Moyen Poodle is easy to train as it loves to learn and catches on quickly. This breed can make an excellent watchdog, but doesn’t do well as a guard dog. Chewy, the sire weighs in about 17 pounds. Moyen's ARE purebred Poodles and has the typical Poodle attitude.  Poodles are not meant to spend long periods of time alone. Poodles want to be in the home with their families. These are true companion dogs.
Now for the other litter born. Arrieta is a Maltipoo. She is a non shedding small dog around 12 pounds. She was bred to a purebred Miniature Poodle so these puppies will for sure be non shedding and stay small.
Arrie ended up with 4 healthy puppies 2 girls and 2 boys.
I had quite a day here at St Mary's Hospital in Rochester MN. My nurses have really been great. Pictured below is my night nurse Dot. She let me sleep but asked me to turn the nurses light on if I was up around 2:00 pm.
I woke up at 2:30 pm and right in she came. She reminded both Karin and I of my cousin MaryEllen. We had a great time together.  Next came the vampire people just trying to find a blood vessel for another blood draw. Around 7:00 am in came Christina the nurse on the right in the picture below. She was stuck with me for the day.
Another great helper today was Aylisha. Aylisha actually saved the day a bit later.
We were visited by at least 4 people asking to give us more patient instructions, all of which pretty much gave us the same set of instructions for when I am home. Finally the surgeon's PA Glenn came to take out the remaining chest tube.
While Glenn was removing the chest tube nurses kept running into the room. The nurse light kept flashing on even though none of us were pushing the light. Finally Aylisha came in and discovered the bed had moved up enough that it was setting the light off. The chest tube is impressive. One can't believe how long of hard plastic foreign object could stay in the chest for 6 days.
I have to pass 2 tests to be able to get out of the hospital and one was an echocardiogram. That was ordered in the morning but no one came to take me there until almost 1:00 pm. I passed that test with flying colors. The valves are all working great. I didn't get back into the room until almost 3:00 pm. Karin and I took lots of walks around the hospital easily making the exercise goal for the day. The sound of a helicopter landing or taking off was heard almost continually today.
We were pretty disappointed when the last test could not be done today. That is a CT angiogram. Later Christina came in to introduce our nurse for the night. The nurse to the left is Hailey and she has the hard job keeping both Karin and me inline.
She has power though, she sent in Chinda to remove my remaining IV and put in a new IV. I had Chinda convinced it wasn't necessary as I'm leaving tomorrow until Hailey informed us they need the new IV to do the test tomorrow. She really does know best.
Chinda pronounced Ginda took a look at my arms and asked, "Are you a farmer?" Now that was a proud moment, to think someone can tell what you do by looking at your arms. Only then
did she say, "your arms are hard and your veins don't bounce."That isn't a good thing but actually Chinda was very experienced and made such a small sting the sting was worth all the conversation.
Karin has now left for the night. I wrote that, got ready for bed the nurse walked in and told me they wanted to take me down to xray for a chest xray.


3 comments:

  1. Oh ya.....the puppies are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo good to hear your updates! Glad they didn't operate on your humor Judy! Continuing to pray for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love reading your posts, Judy! So glad to know you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete