Monday, October 2, 2017

Good News All Around

The best news came this afternoon about mom. After hearing first that hearing she had a stroke, then it was not a stroke but her pituitary gland then the getting a message from Diane saying: "ok everything changed, the ophthalmologist is here and she says it is absolutely not the pituitary gland. It was a stroke in the eye and she will probably not get this vision back. Mom thinks she will be able to adjust just fine." Then came another doctor. Diane sent this: BREAKING NEWS "I think the final report is a torn retina which will require surgery but should restore her vision and never happen again. This is actually the best case scenario." Mom was able to go back to the condo. She has an appointment on Monday with Dr. Hans at the IL Eye Center and surgery will then be scheduled.
I also had good news. On Friday I had a brain MRA to see if I had an aneurysm in any of the blood vessels of the brain. Well the report came back that there was no aneurysm but the MRA showed a tumor and I would need to go to the neurology department at 2:00 pm on Monday to discuss this. Surgery for the aortic aneurysm may be delayed until after I was cleared by the neurology department but first I had the angiogram scheduled at 9:15 am. This was done so that if there were any blockages the surgeon would know and fix that as long as he was working on the heart.  The angiogram went as expected, my arteries are all nice and open. There were no blockages at all. They had to go in through the femoral artery in the groin so after the procedure I had to wait quite a long time to make sure that artery wouldn't start bleeding. That took so long we missed our 2:00 pm appointment at the Gonda building. We were finally able to get there around 3:00 pm and again heard really good news. Below are a few images of my brain taken during the MRA:  SEE I really do have a brain.
 Why the neurologist said I have a very GOOD brain.
 Yes I have a brain tumor, see that round item on the top of my head? That is a tumor of the lining of the brain. It has probably been there for a while and is so small it is not causing any trouble.
The neurologist told us she was 90% certain I would never have a problem with it. She wants me to have it checked out next year to see if it grew but then can wait a couple years the next time. After a few times checking if it hasn't grown it never will.
Sarah and Nolan also had good news today but that news will have to wait until tomorrow.
Rhoda, Lee and Ben made it up here to Rochester. They are out eating at Olive Garden for supper tonight. Mark and I stayed back at the apartment. I'm not suppose to do stairs yet with my leg and all. They are bringing back food for us.
Karin sent a text that Titiana is now out. Sure hope she settled, can you imagine how beautiful her foal will be. She is such a perfect example of a fantasy Friesian with that mega hair.
A foal out of her by Valiant will not just be beautiful but will also be tall and have amazing movement. If she settled she will be due Sept 10th, 2018.
I have to be at the hospital at 5:30 am tomorrow morning to check in for surgery so will head to bed soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment