Monday, October 2, 2017

Helpless Feeling

Word came that my mom was taken to the hospital down in Alabama and they are keeping her overnight. The vision in one of her eyes went all shadowy. The doctors are worried about the carotid artery. They wanted to do an MRI of her brain but because she has clips in her brain from the aneurysm in 2002 that cannot be done. All I have heard is she is on blood thinners and they will try to do an ultrasound. It is a helpless feeling to be so far away from where I am needed.  We had a rainy Sunday. Listened on line to the Peoria church and got to hear Craig speak in the morning and a visitor from Fairbury in the afternoon. We went to Red Lobster for a late lunch around 2:30 pm. It looks like they had another beautiful day in Illinois. Rachel posted a picture of the usual volley ball games.
Just by looking at the picture I could tell that at least 4 or 5 of my grandchildren were probably there playing as hard as their parents. It is 2:38 am and the sky here is rumbling with thunder and lighting up with flashes of lightning.
I have to report for the angiogram at 9:15 am then meet with the neurologist at 2:00 pm about the finding during the MRA of my brain. Rachel sang this song a couple years ago at a night of worship and it really fits here today.

No comments:

Post a Comment