Thursday, October 12, 2017

Back To Work

Today I was determined to make it up to the barn and at least take a few pictures after the walk. The walkers again took it easy on me staying on the flat and as soon as I quit, I'm sure there was some power walking going on. I sat down in the rocker recliner and promptly rested for almost an hour before getting up to make myself some breakfast.  Karin walked in as I was enjoying the vine ripened tomato from our garden and a couple eggs. She went out to work horses but I did not follow her up to get pictures. Rhoda arrived at 10:30 with 9 dogs, Ruby, her 3 puppies and Arrieta with her 4 puppies. She went up to the barn to help move in bales. Sarah arrived with her dog Rizzy who is actually due tomorrow and of course baby Zion. She and I took Arrieta and her puppies to Malabar Vet Clinic in Elmwood to have the puppies checked and the dew claws removed. I stayed in the car with Zion while Sarah hauled in the dogs. That only took about 10 minutes. When we got back we drove right up to the barn where Karin and Rhoda had Sangria and her filly in a stall and were giving the filly a haltering and tying lesson. Sangria was happy to see me, the filly was mad about being tied.
Next we took them into the outdoor arena for a few action shots for her owner. Of course the first thing Sangria does is roll.
 The filly was funny, she had to jump that pile of manure and got way off the ground. 

She is a nice mover. From there we hiked back down to the house for lunch. Below is Darla taking a nap in the hay as we walked by.
 Karin prepared lunch for everyone then we all sat and played with puppies. A bit later Joan dropped Faith off to help so back up to the barn they all went while I took another nap. Oksana and her month old filly Darla were taken to the outdoor arena by Faith. Rhoda got some awesome shots. 






I'm thrilled to have her and Karin's help. Sarah and Rhoda left around 3:00 pm. I think Karin and Faith played with the pug puppies up at the apartment.
By the way ALL of the Pug Puppies are now SOLD!  Later they worked with Valiant. It was a cold damp day with rain sprinkles off and on and I was glad to stay in the house on a recliner with a blanket and dozed most of the afternoon.
David and Stephanie brought out dinner tonight along with their two munchkins Israel and Elisabet. The kids were busy playing with Emma. 

Not only did they serve us a delicious dinner they started a load of laundry, cleaned up the kitchen and removed the garbage. These kids of mine are totally spoiling me. Gerty and Dennis stopped in for a visit this evening. I will confess today was exhausting and to think I did almost no real work. Sure hope this tired feeling goes away soon. Joan called to ask if I wanted to come over for games at mom's but I had to decline. It's already past my bedtime. 

No comments:

Post a Comment