Thursday, April 23, 2015

Where's the Truck

I was dreading this morning, Emily is out of town and I was going to have to tease and cover mares by myself plus Diane was not going to help down at Berean. Somehow someway things would get done. Right after the walk I started teasing mares. Oksana was brought out first, she did not show, Serenity was brought out next, she did not show. Piper was brought out and she did and was covered by Valiant. That took more time than planned so I kicked off my barn shoes scrambled into my good tennis shoes, grabbed my purse and jumped in the car only to realize the keys were not in the car. Mark drove home from church last night but has not yet learned to leave the keys in the car. I ran into the house and looked on his desk but no keys, looked on my desk but no keys, went through his Sunday suit pockets but no keys. He was called to see if he took them with him but he said, "I saw them on my desk, picked them up and think I threw them onto your desk." Now when I'm looking for something chairs get tipped over and cushions thrown off couches and the place looks like we have been hit by a mob looking for drugs or something.  I called Rachel to see if she would give me a ride and just after she said yes I started praying. Right about then I remembered, I hadn't looked in my purse. Sure enough Mark had thrown them in my purse. By this time it was 8:50 am, twenty minutes after I should have left the house. It was real hard not to speed heading in to Peoria. I walked in the office to make my excuses when I see Diane. She must have been guilted into coming.
 We had an amazing crew but the Bibles weren't at the office. Diane called Spark to ask where they were and they got cut off, she called Jacob but the phone went straight to voicemail. Diane was sure the Bible must be here.
 While we were looking around for them the crew was stuffing envelopes and processing the studies.
 We finally got the word that the Bibles were on Jacob's big white truck. Rachel took some of the more nimble volunteers to start searching for the truck but it was no where to be found. She saw Eldon and asked him if he knew where Jacob's truck was, "yes" he replied, "Jacob had to go out on a job so we had unload the Bibles into the warehouse." Rachel was afraid we were going to have to hand carry each and every one of those 32 pound boxes from the warehouse to the office building then up the stairs but Eldon had a better idea and brought them all up with a fork lift. Thank goodness!

We formed a chain to get them all unloaded. 


 We had such good workers today that we finished up before noon. As soon as I got home from work Whisper was brought out, teased then covered by Evan and the horses all fed enough to last until I could get home from the wedding shower for Gary and Marie. Below Joan, Diane, Jessica and Rhoda are busy preparing the cheese cakes.
 Mom is making the chicken salad croissants. 
 Rachel is getting the candy, chips dip and carrots ready. 
 We had a wonderful turn-out. We fed 90 guests and had to put up another table.
 That table filled up and the overflow sat on the fireplace ledge to eat. Everyone seemed to have a good time. Below are a few pictures.




A special thanks to mom, Rhonda, Diane, Ruth, Joan and Rachel. They put on a wonderful tasty meal and all just pitched in to get the work done quickly. We were able to finish the clean up and leave by 9:00 pm. I still needed to bring the mares in and let Whisper out for the night and drove straight up to the barn for that. What a long day, that bed is going to feel great.

No comments:

Post a Comment